1. Maternity pants are easily the greatest thing to happen to womankind. Seriously. They are stretchy on the top like yoga pants and all business on the bottom. At first I felt like I was fooling the world with my quasi stretchy pants, then I accepted them and never looked back. Comfort never felt so good. Thirty-seven weeks pregnant is feeling pretty darn sweet.
2. Om Nom Nom Chocolate. In elementary school there was this song all about chocolate that we sang pretty consistently. The parents loved it. At that young age, I loved chocolate, but didn’t understand why there would be an entire song devoted to it or its goodness. Ladies and gents, I understand now. That song was written because of See’s and Om Nom Nom chocolate. A friend brought us up some Om Nom Nom (the name still makes me giggle) from Utah, the nearest land of food variety, and I’ve been in heaven ever since. Plus, the packaging is beautiful. It’ll be a sad day when my chocolate stash is done. EASTER COME SOONER.
3. Super soft (used to be) oversized tees–like the above pictured favorite of mine from JCrew. Since wearing Adam’s clothes makes me feel frumpy and lazy, how would I survive being 9 months pregnant without oversized tees? The answer is–I wouldn’t. I’d be a puddle of sad on the floor, and I only say this half-jokingly.
4. If I could write an ode to my Bump Nest, couch, and glider I would. They’ve made bed rest FAR more tolerable. I just move between the three, depending on my mood. The best night’s rest I’ve gotten recently was on the couch when I slept for a full four uninterrupted hours. These are dark days, friends.
5. Knowing that I have a healthy baby no matter how sick I feel has been a huge blessing. It is what keeps me going every day. It helps me endure every bout of emotion, round ligament pain, restless leg syndrome, and severe Braxton Hicks. I don’t know if babies can feel loved before entering the world, but if they can, I hope this little guy knows how much I love him and am excited to meet him. Hopefully he will be here in two weeks!
I should start Adam should start putting together the nursery–darn you bed rest…
I’m participating in a little JCrew giveaway this week with some blog buddies. If you want to enter, check it out below. You are rad.